Location: San Mateo, CA
Company: Direct Client
Job ID# 7970698
Duration: 6 months and Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: Open on w2/1099/Self Corp
No remote work.
Client sector is seeking a Java Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Mateo, CA. Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge... The qualified applicant will become part of Client team, supporting the United States Postal Service on a variety of mission critical applications.
Candidate understands, develops, implements, and maintains Java software solutions. Candidate must follow US Government Client predefined development standards and procedures. Candidate must satisfy requirements, meet agreed-to completion date(s), and perform tests for products developed. Good team working skills and meticulous attention to detail is a must. Previous experience in medium to large sized development teams is beneficial.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Full life cycle development of Java software applications and experience with objected-oriented programming methodologies and techniques.
• Mentor team members in object development.
• Communicating with project manager and development team members in various forms, such as Excel sheets, Word documents, etc.
• Responsible for estimating effort based on requirements and adhering to estimates and timelines.
• Communicating with team lead and team members on the details of the proposed design and progress on the work.
• Responsible for following project management and lifecycle development processes, procedures, and standards to meet extremely high quality assurance goals.
• Responsible for generating unit tests, test data and test scripts.
• Experience with code versioning and change management concepts.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years of experience working in web application software development using Java and J2EE
• Expertise with the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and related Java build tools and techniques
• Familiarity with relational databases (Oracle, PL/SQL, etc.)
• Good team working skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Must be able to obtain a US Government Client Sensitive clearance
• Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) as per our contract requirements
• Must not have traveled outside of the US for a combined total of 6 months or longer within the past 5 years
• Must have resided in the US for at least the last 5 years
• Position is located in San Mateo, CA and does not provide relocation assistance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
• Experience across multiple IDEs and java containers
Manish Aswal, Sr. Technical Recruiter
First Tek, Inc
1551 S Washington Avenue, Suite 402 A, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Direct No: 732-607-5885
www.first-tek.com | manish.