Administrative Assistant (San Francisco)
Compensation: Salary DOE
Kensington Investment Group is seeking an energetic, knowledgeable, and task oriented individual to join our San Francisco team. This is a great opportunity to learn about construction, creative office design, design trends, commercial real estate investing, real estate development, and property management while working in a fast-paced environment.
Kensington Investment Group is a full service real estate firm that specializes in sourcing, re-positioning and managing hospitality, multifamily and commercial investment opportunities. We have been doing business in Oregon, Washington and California for over 40 years and are actively acquiring additional assets. Current holdings include hotels, retail, office, and mixed use properties with offices in Portland and San Francisco.
We seek a candidate who is extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational and follow-up skills. This is a position with a lot of room to grow depending on your interests and may include travel to Oregon and Washington. If you are a quick learner able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
Primary duties include:
• Assist with the day-to-day operational management of our properties by meeting with various vendors, providing customer service to tenants by assisting with general inquiries, requests and emergencies as they arise. Provide liaison between tenants and third-party service providers when needed.
• Assist with the tracking of all legal contracts, deadlines, requirements, and changes. Provide weekly status updates on all legal requirements for each project. Act as note taker and deadline tracker in legal review meetings as needed.
• Obtain and organize certificates of insurance or waivers from contractors, suppliers and other third parties. Assist with the adherence to safety requirements pertinent to property visitors, tenants, and employees.
• Assist Design department with researching, sourcing, pricing, ordering, and organizing materials and vendors for various building renovations and ground up developments. Assist with cost comparisons, record keeping of all materials purchased and used in projects, and budget preparation. Collect measurements, provide input on design schemes and assist with digital designs and flyers.
• Assist with the scheduling of subcontractors and design consultants, meet vendors onsite and accompany them on tours of the property, note questions and follow-up activities as needed.
• Coordinate appointments, meetings, and travel including the booking of flights, rental cars, and hotels, etc.
• Obtain and track signatures, receipts, and other documents from multiple parties in different states with a short turnaround.
• Scan documents and organize electronic files, prepare FedEx mailings, organize office supplies, and assist with other general administrative tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Skills desired;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Detail-oriented, reliable, and customer-service focused problem solver
• Reliable and accurate self-starter with integrity and a respect for confidentiality
• High level of integrity and professionalism coupled with a sense of humor and a positive attitude
• Ease in handling multiple tasks, ability to prioritize tasks while supporting multiple priorities and to communicate changing priorities
• Exposure to and experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Experience with Photoshop and Adobe InDesign desired but not required.
• Minimum of one year of administrative support experience