Location: Charlotte, NC/ San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 Months Contract
- We are seeking Info Security engineers with a broad technology experience (network, OS, and programming) along with a cyber-security background.
- The selected candidate will be part of a broad technology hygiene service actively involved in the identification, tracking, and remediation of technology defects observed during normal cyber security hunting and monitoring operations.
- He or she must also be able to effectively convey an observed defect to a wide audience, and coordinate the resolution of the defects identified.
•10+ years of information security applications and systems experience
•1 + years of experience with network security, endpoint security, or security threat vectors
•2 + years of Regular Expression (regex) experience
Top 3 skills desired:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM/SIM/SEM) experience (Splunk experience preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) and/or full packet capture solutions experience
•3+ years of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM/SIM/SEM) experience
•Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices •Experience with host-based and/or network-based forensics tools and techniques
•Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
•Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
•Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
•Strong experience in operating system and application security hardening and best practices
•Strong investigative mind-set with an attention to detail
•Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
•Demonstrate the ability to provide written and verbal communications to management to address real-time issues and incidents, including writing formal incident reports
•Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
•Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Network Forensics Analyst (GNFA), Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE/etc), or other relevant certifications.
•3+ years of experience with full packet capture solutions.