Job Title: Cyber Security Consultant
Location: : Monday – Thursday (Onsite - Pineville, LA ) and Friday work remotely
Duration: 12 Month with Possible Extension
Travel and Lodging are Paid
· Any certification is required (GSEC OR GCIH OR GCIA OR GIAC OR GMON OR GIAC )
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) accreditation is desirable.
· Identify weaknesses and potential threats to existing information security toolsets.
· Perform continual testing on current systems to determine potential problems or security threats.
· Prepare reports for internal and external clients detailing the security issues, making recommendations and identifying solutions.
· Conduct cloud security reviews and network security assessments.
· Provide advice on hacking tools and techniques including advanced malware detection.
· Formulate an IT security incident response strategy and implement a method of notifying parties.
· Keep up to date with the latest thinking on secure coding and cyber-security issues.
· Support the business with a range of compliance requirements.
· There are a range of hard skills that employers are looking for in their security consultants. These include but are not limited to:
· Network administration skills to test internal systems such as firewalls and IPS/IDS devices to ensure networks are safe.
· Standards related to implementing a risk management framework including COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/2 and NIST.
· Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
· Encryption technologies, ethical hacking and penetration testing.
· Compliance skills in relation to key legislations such as the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002, Payment Card Industry (PCI), The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and The Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) and compliance assessments.
· Ability to manage the Internet protocol suite which is the computer networking model and set of communications protocols used on the Internet including TCP and IP.
Softer skills include:
· Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and on own initiative.
· Flexible approach to tasks that may change daily.
· Analytical ability to break down problems into constituent parts.
· Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
· Proven ability to audit an IT environment and provide security and process recommendations.
· Three to five years' experience of working on security projects for major organizations is desirable.
· Solid understanding of security assessment and management is required.
· Security design, architecture and implementation is necessary.
· Compliance management is essential.
· Great project management and communication skills is a requirement.
· In-depth knowledge of data protection regulations and technology supporting fraud detection.
· Regular risk auditing and monitoring of systems.
· Compliance implementation, testing and reporting.
· Designing and testing of new IT solutions.
· Provision of business support at a high level and to a range of key stakeholders in relation to ongoing security improvements.
· Crisis management where required.
· Project management and project architecture.
· Review and analysis of delivered projects.
Nimesh Singh Rathore
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.295.4581 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.artechinfo.com