General Summary: The Broadband Technician position exists to perform the cut over of new services being provided on fXO’s Broadband and SONET network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Handle all pre-test and field test on all XO products assigned with little supervision.
• Provide a professional quality installation to insure Telecommunication is delivering a positive Customer Experience. Owns all aspects of the installation including initial and follow-up communication with the customer.
• Handle all pre-test and field test on all XO products assigned without any supervision.
• Perform moderate level activation of broadband products including everything EoC and EoS and above including DS3 and SONET services.
• Map moderate Broadband cross connects in the fXO network—Sonet and Ethernet
• Perform moderate level router configuration on Broadband switching platform.
• Perform line by line provisioning CPE0Cisco, Adtran, and Accedian NID.
• Perform basic activation of VPLS0 Virtual Private LAN Service product.
• Perform Ethernet layer 2 and Layer 3 testing and troubleshooting.
• Familiar with NAC operating procedures, processes, and OSS system.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent work experience in the activation, troubleshooting and implementation of large scale, multi-location and platform networks.
Licensures: Relevant vendor certifications preferred: CCNA, Ciena Carrier Ethernet, JNCIA/S/P, Adtran, Hatteras, Nortel, Infinera, XO BGP 101/2, etc.
Relevant Work Experience: 4-5 years of working experience in a Broadband Activations Environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
Software • MS Office
• Net Analyst
Hardware • Extensive knowledge of CPE including routers, switches
Cisco Catalyst Switch
AES- Aggregated Ethernet Switch
Databases • Remedy
Operating Systems • Knowledge of at least 1 proficiency
Cisco, Junos, Infinera, Ciena Core Director, Nortel Optical Networking
Other Job Specific Skills • Command Line Interface experience of:
Cisco Routers, Nortel, Ciena, Adtran
• Some knowledge of IP Standards/Protocols, BGP, IPv6
• Must be very knowledgeable in at least 3 of the following XO products and services below:
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
Ethernet Private Line
• Must be knowledgeable and fully proficient in XO system reporting
• Knowledgeable of enterprise connectivity methods including Wavelength, VPLS, SONET, Private Line, and Ethernet
• Knowledgeable of CPE including routers, switches
• Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
• Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
• Strong attention to detail and systems knowledge.
• Familiar with fXO/NAC operating procedures, processes, and TBS system.
• Knowledgeable of IP networking and sub-netting (including some enterprise routing protocol BGP).
Axelon Services Corporation
44 Wall Street 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 384-6505
Fax : (212) 306-0191