DIRECT CLIENT: Network Engineer Job
CLIENTUPDATE: Given certifications are mandatory - CISSP and/or any GIACcertifications.
Location:San Jose, CA
Duration: 06-12 Months+ extensions
Interviews:Telephonic and/or skype
Directsubmission to implementation partner with no hidden layers.
1. Must be able to workin a collaborative team environment. Ability to multi-task and workcooperatively with a diverse range of people. Must have strong interpersonalskills.
2. Must be proficient innetwork architecture and design, network security, network monitoring.
3. Ability to joinincident response bridges and provide in-depth analysis and solutions in ashort amount of time.
4. Knowledge andexperience in the enterprise grade LAN/WAN architecture and infrastructure,design, development, monitoring, implementation, administration, and managementof network(s).
5. Skills in strategicthinking, research, and planning to include: creativity/innovation,
designtheory, advanced systems theory, risk management, disaster recovery &business continuity, integrating solutions, leveraging strategic resources,strategic partnering, conflict management, advanced change management.
6. Strategic technicalskills to include, developing discipline specific expertise in others,enterprise-level policies, and advanced technology research and design skills.
7. Industry relatedskills to include, in-depth knowledge of the global IT industry and trends,advanced knowledge of IT security regulations, and advanced knowledge ofcurrent and emerging IT industry issues and trends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in informationtechnology field.
NEEDED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
2. CISSP, any GIACcertification.
PREFERRED SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
1. Knowledge wouldpreferably also include VMWare’s NSX software defined networking solution,systems engineering, applications and systems software.
2. Scripting orprogramming capabilities in Python or any other languages would be preferred.
3. Working knowledge ofinterior and exterior routing and switching protocols, domain name system(DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP), proxy functions, securityprotocols, time protocols, tag and label switching, real-time protocols forvoice and/or wide area network (WAN) communication protocols. Knowledge ofvirtualization and storage area network (SAN) solutions in network, security,and computing. Knowledge of network system analysis and design techniques forvoice (wireless and wired), video, and data.
1. Represent the Divisionof IT during product engineering, field, customer and analyst meetings,workshops or training sessions. Serves on industry, system-wide committees andindustry reference groups. Service as a technical resource for other technicalteams or organizations. Serve on enterprise level committees to developtechnical standards and direction. Serve a chair or senior member of aninformation resource team/s responsible for setting technical standards andstrategic direction.
2. Ensures compliancewith applicable federal and state regulations and laws, System policies,regulations and rules.
3. Lead and coordinate short and long-term analysis on network and network security systems and services. Coordinate the development of project plans, problem resolutions and service road maps and make recommendations. Establish quantity and quality standards, procedures and guidelines for design, development, testing,implementation and maintenance of enterprise solutions. Contribute to the planning of the overall organizational IT strategy. Recommend information architecture standards and methodologies.
Send responses email@example.com