Job ID: 1912200928
Location: Santa Clara,CA
Duration: 6-12 months temp to perm for high performers.
Candidates MUST be US CITIZENS. Confirm at the top of the resume.
Location: 100% onsite in Santa Clara, CA. Put candidate location at the top of the resume. They highly prefer LOCAL candidates that don't have to relocate due to the high cost of living and the sticker shock - they tend to not work out. But, they will consider candidates who are willing to relocate on their own dime IF they do their due diligence in researching the area and cost of living.
Interviews: There will be 2 or 3 rounds of interviews.
- 1st will be over the phone with the hiring manager.
- 2nd will be over the phone with the Client Account Executive
- 3rd will be Face to Face (or Skype video for non-locals) with the AE and an End-Client representative.
2. Experience collecting, analyzing, and implementing security best techniques (NIST) on systems and networks
3. Experience proposing and keeping security policies updated
4. Understanding of cybersecurity risks and incident response standards
5. Background in SIEM - it's key to this position.
- Work with one of client's prized clients in the heart of Silicon Valley by ensuring security for critical infrastructure.
- We are looking for a talented hands-on security professional that has deep technical knowledge also likes contributing to the strategic direction.
- In this role you will get to work with the full array of security solutions as well as support the security provisions throughout the environment's infrastructure – networks, servers, desktops and applications.
- You will also contribute toward strategic planning based on risk assessments and analysis.
- Bachelor degree or higher in CS, CIS, MIS or equivalent
- Security Certification(s), such as CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, GSEC, CEH, MCSE:Security, and CCNP-Security certification
- 5-10 years hands-on security administration or engineering experience
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Client engagement soft skills are required
- The ability to present and explain security and risk information for business executives to understand
- The ability to lead people of various levels and technical expertise
- The ability to prioritize and persuade in order to move the security program forward amongst competing initiatives
- Experienced with security solutions (e.g. firewall, VPN, SIEM, IPS, URL filtering, Endpoint protection, MFA, NAC)
- Strong understanding of NIST 800-53 & CSF, risk assessment and incident response standards
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Windows DACL/SACL, and Linux
- Strong understanding of protocols, such as IPsec, ESP, GRE, SSL/TLS, 802.1x, RADIUS/TACACS, HSRP, GSLB and WCCP
- Ability to perform and analyze packet captures
- Ability to analyze suspicious emails, URLs, and files to ascertain if they are malicious
- Knowledge of hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, and security analysis techniques
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, attack campaigns and attack methods
- Scripting language such as PowerShell or PERL
- Familiarity with incident tracking, change management and project tracking systems like ServiceNow and Jira.
- Ownership of day to day security events, perform incident response using NIST SP 800-61 standards, and determine root causes
- Create and lead security initiatives that reduce risk as well as automate detection and protection mechanisms
- Identify needs and implement comprehensive security controls using multi-layered security and defense in depth
- Collaborate with all operations teams to ensure security controls and configurations are implemented and incorporated in their ongoing operations
- Server security through vulnerability management, system patching and secure configuration
- Network security through segmentation and firewall zoning and ACL policies, as well as secure configurations in firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs and load balancers
- Endpoint security management to prevent malware and insider threats
- Email security through Spam filtering and use of SPF & DMARC
- Application security based on OWASP Top 10
- Monitor SIEM, IPS, event logs and reports for indicators of attack and indicators of compromise
- Proactive client involvement in solving client challenges and business opportunities
- Contribute quarterly security advisories for the Security Awareness Program
- Keep security plans and documentation updated, such as the disaster recovery plans and security policies
- Continuously mature the GRC program
- Governance: Collaborate with client stakeholders and steering committees to ensure plans and identified solutions meet business needs and expectations.
- Risk: Working with stakeholders to perform risk management and ongoing assessments, and then selecting mitigating and corrective controls based on Pareto analysis
- Risk: Reviewing SOWs and RFP responses to assess risks
- Risk: Collect, analyze, and validate open source intelligence
- Ensure regulatory compliance with PCI-DSS, CJIS, and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (AB-375)
- Communicate with team on a regular basis to provide timely and informative reports and related analysis and recommendations to maintain and improve service delivery
- Provide up-to-date information to clients in response to specific inquiries and meet all commitments ahead of due dates
- Monthly presentations to executives on current state of risks, status of security controls, and remediation timelines
- Monthly reports on security operations that provide current states of security controls
1001 Durham Avenue, Suite 201,South Plainfield, NJ 07080
South Plainfield, NJ, 07080