Work Location: Santa Clara, CA
Contract to Hire: Yes - based upon performance
- We are looking for a talented hands-on security professional that has deep technical knowledge also likes contributing to the strategic direction.
- In this role you will get to work with the full array of security solutions as well as support the security provisions throughout the environment’s infrastructure – networks, servers, desktops and applications.
- You will also contribute toward strategic planning based on risk assessments and analysis.
- Bachelor degree or higher in CS, CIS, MIS or equivalent
- Security Certification(s), such as CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, GSEC, CEH, MCSE:Security, and CCNP-Security certification
- 5-10 years hands-on security administration or engineering experience
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Client engagement soft skills are required
- The ability to present and explain security and risk information for business executives to understand
- The ability to lead people of various levels and technical expertise
- The ability to prioritize and persuade in order to move the security program forward amongst competing initiatives
- Experienced with security solutions (e.g. firewall, VPN, SIEM, IPS, URL filtering, Endpoint protection, MFA, NAC)
- Strong understanding of NIST 800-53 & CSF, risk assessment and incident response standards
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Windows DACL/SACL, and Linux
- Strong understanding of protocols, such as IPsec, ESP, GRE, SSL/TLS, 802.1x, RADIUS/TACACS, HSRP, GSLB and WCCP
- Ability to perform and analyze packet captures
- Ability to analyze suspicious emails, URLs, and files to ascertain if they are malicious
- Knowledge of hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, and security analysis techniques
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, attack campaigns and attack methods
- Scripting language such as PowerShell or PERL
- Familiarity with incident tracking, change management and project tracking systems like ServiceNow and Jira.
Herndon, VA 20171