Metropolitan Water District, State of CA
700 North Alameda Street Los Angeles, CA 90012
Onsite Contract job
Metropolitan is in the process of improving the organizations cybersecurity posture through a series of technological and service improvements and implementations in order to keep pace with constantly evolving cyber-threats.
Metropolitan will engage a consultant to function as both a business and technical analysts to conduct the following tasks:
- Develop an initial analysis of the capital and operations expenditures and develop two spending plans based on the cybersecurity upgrade phase 2 requirements
- Conduct analysis of cybersecurity technologies that meet the cybersecurity upgrade phase 2 project requirements and determine feasibility for implementation of these technologies into the complex Metropolitan working environment.
- Coordinate with Project Management team to develop RFQs where required to analyze products that fill similar capabilities
- Develop the specific language for the December Board Letter for appropriation of Cybersecurity Upgrade Phase 2 funding.
- Conduct business and operational analysis of the feasibility of Metropolitan implementing SOC services versus engaging third party vendor for 24x7x365 cybersecurity threat monitoring and analysis services.
Candidate must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of public sector procurement practices.
- Experienced with vendor management and public sector procurement vehicles
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles such as defense-in-depth, identity and access management, and risk assessment
- Knowledge of cybersecurity specific technologies such as SIEM, GRC, IDS/IPS, ATP, Next Generation Firewalls, and 2FA/MFA
- Knowledge of Security Operations Center Management and integration with network operations services.
8251 Greensboro Drive, Suite 250
(877) 733-3555 Ext.396