Location: Emeryville, CA
Salary: $140-170K + 100-200+% Bonus (total comp $250+K)
A very successful machine learning hedge fund is looking for a Security Engineer. The company has been in business for 10+ years, has 100+ employees, has doubled in size the past 2 years and manages $3+ billion in assets.
The Security Engineer will work under the direction of the Security Manager in securing the network, data, assets and trading platform for mission critical high-performance systems and extremely sensitive financial data. The Security Engineer will:
- Perform a review to gain an understanding of the current infrastructure, network, platform, architecture and security environment
- Perform Incident Response, Vulnerability Management Scans and Assessments, Threat Modeling, EndPoint Protection and Forensics
- Serve as information security subject matter expert, drive security culture and design, implement and enforce security best practices, policies and procedures.
The Security Engineer reports to the Security Manager
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; 3 weeks of vacation, paid company holidays; 6% matching 401K; flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement and a casual work environment.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience as a Security Engineer, Analyst or Architect
- MUST have Linux experience; i.e. previous experience with basic Linux administration duties, experience writing command line and/or basic troubleshooting and break/fix experience. You will not be required to perform administration but you will need to be able get around linux servers. OS X experience a plus.
- Experience performing 1 or more of the following:
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability Management Scans and Assessments
- Threat Modeling
- EndPoint Protection
- Phishing resolution
- Reverse engineering of malware