Job details are Shared below:
Job Title: Security Analyst (Forensic and Security Incident Consultant)
Location: Pleasanton, CA 94566
Job Duration: 6 Months
Type Of Hire: Contract
No: of Positions: 1
Primary Skills: Forensic and Security Incident, CISSP and CCFP Description:
Local Candidates strongly preferred
- CISSP and CCFP or equivalent certification required (e.g. CCE, CHFI).
- Otherhighly desirable security certifications may be substituted for CISSP (fore.g., CISA, CISM, etc.)
Primaryresponsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actas a primary senior advisor for forensics and security incident projects aswell as perform daily operational analytical technical security functions suchas forensics analyses or security incident response duties.
- Reviewand provide recommendations to develop and improve Client's forensicscapabilities include performing gap analyses and driving assessments.
- Analyzeand recommend technical improvements for Client's forensic lab environment.
- Assistand/or drive implementation of forensic environment enhancements.
- Providerecommendations on how to alleviate future threats and/or advanced persistentthreats during post incident review sessions or as needed.
- Assistwith the implementation of the various Security Incident and Forensic tools(e.g. Forensics' system images, forensic tools, etc.).
- Participateand/or lead security incidents leveraging forensic techniques and skills thatcan detect root causes for the incident, a threat, or advanced persistentthreat.
- Assistand/or drive the implementation of a centralized threat intelligence repositoryto enhance security incident response capabilities and forensics.
- Knowledgetransfer to and training of Client employees including documented trainingmaterials.
- Advisethe CISO and ESEC Team on matters involving organizational, strategic,tactical, and security best practices related to forensics and securityincidents management.
- Attendmeetings/Represent ESEC as a Senior Lead for all security matters
- Actas Lead/Co-Lead/Backup on assigned ESEC projects
- Otherduties as assigned when not working on Forensics or Security Incidents such as:update of existing security policies and develop new ones, evaluation ofsecurity risk assessments, etc.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE ANDSKILLS:
MINIMUMOF 5+ YEARS OF TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE CONDUCTING FORENSICS AND SECURITY INCIDENTRESPONSE.
WORKINGEXPERIENCE OF OBTAINING CYBER THREAT INTELLIGENCE AND MAKING THE INFORMATIONUSABLE BY THE SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE PROCESS.
WORKINGEXPERIENCE OF APPLYING IOCS TO IDENTIFY THREATS IN CURRENT ENVIRONMENT ANDAPPLY INFORMATION TO PREVENT FUTURE VULNERABILITIES IN INFRASTRUCTURE.
TECHNICALSECURITY PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
WORKINGEXPERIENCE USING BEST PRACTICES STANDARDS AND FRAMEWORKS: ISO 27001/27002,PCISS V3; GLBA; HIPPA/HITECH; NIST 800-53; CIS CONTROLS, NIST CSF, CIS RAM
WORKINGEXPERIENCE, AT A MINIMUM:
HARDWARE:NETWORK SWITCHES, ROUTERS, LOAD BALANCERS, SERVERS, STORAGE SYSTEMS, END-USERSYSTEMS, MOBILE DEVICES, OR OTHER DEVICES THAT ENABLE THE ORGANIZATION TOCOMPLETE ITS MISSION
OPERATINGSYSTEMS: UNIX, LINUX, WINDOWS
NETWORK:LAN, WAN, INTERNET, PROXY/FILTERING, FIREWALL, VPN, DMZ
NETWORKPROTOCOLS SUCH AS TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SAMBA, ETC.
DATABASESRACLE, SQL, MYSQL
CLOUDPLATFORMS: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
SECURITYCONCEPTS SUCH AS ENCRYPTION, HARDENING, ETC.
PROGRAMMINGLANGUAGES ARE A PLUS
The Consultantresource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
- Stronganalytical and critical thinking skills.
- Abilityto analyze information and formulate solutions to problems.
- Providemore in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
- Remainproactive and complete work within a reasonable time frame under thesupervision of a manager or team lead.
- Planand manage all aspects of the support function.
- Extensiveknowledge of and proven experience with Information Technology systems, andmethods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
- Expertknowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes andprocedures as needed.
Proactive,working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish timecritical tasks and deliverables
- Askquestions and share information gained with other support team members,recording and documenting this knowledge
- Elicitand gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and recordthis information accurately
- Listencarefully and act upon user requirements
- Conveyand explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language toboth technical and non-technical persons
- Followthe lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemedappropriate
- Thinkcreatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiplesolutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs,project scope, and available resources
- Takeresponsibility for the integrity of the solution
- Conveyand explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language toboth technical and non-technical personnel.
- Presentsolutions (technical and non-technical) to management and decision makers
- Workcollaboratively with other support team members and independently on assignedtasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
- Experiencein managing multiple projects.
- 5+Years' experience in information security, forensics, and security incidentresponse.
- CISSPand CCFP or equivalent certification required (e.g. CCE, CHFI). Other highly desirable securitycertifications may be substituted for CISSP (for e.g., CISA, CISM, etc.)