Title : Java Developer
• You will work closely with application developers and sector architect across various departments at Client to learn about their needs
• You will write code in Java, unix shell scripting and/or Python and deploy it to production Linux servers
• You will architect/develop/support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/
• You will provide Unix/Linux development tool subject matter expertise to the application development communities at Client
• You will proactively identify and implement opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
• You will understand technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
• You will evaluate and provide technical solutions to solve a variety of complex and interdependent processes and application integrations
• You will evaluate and perform POC on new strategic technical products and applications.
• You will manage problems/defects with existing solutions and drive issues to resolution
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) – Pipeline, Plugins.
• Hands-on Java & Linux/Unix platforms development experience
• Hands on Unix shell scripting
• Experience with REST web services
• Experience with build tools make, maven, gradle, ant
• Experience with GIT SCM
• Experience with spring modules is a plus
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
• Strong understanding of working in an Agile environment.
• Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (Docker, Chef etc.) a plus
• Experience with binary repository managers such as Artifactory and Nexus a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including social networking and blogging
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
• Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
• Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
• An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience of 8-10 years in technology required
If you are qualified and interested in pursuing this opportunity, please call me at (212) 488-5449. You may also send me an e-mail, if you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you.
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Axelon. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.
Axelon Services Corporation
44 Wall Street 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 488-5449
Fax : (212) 306-0191