Job title- Security Consultant IT Supervisor II
Location- Pleasanton, CA
Our Pleasanton, CA client has a contract position for a Security Consultant IT Supervisor II and I have included the details below. Could this role be a potential fit for you or anyone you know?
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Risk Manager in ensuring that policies, practices, and tools to achieve security compliance.
· Collaborate with Senior Leadership Team members across the organization and provide consultative assistance to other programs related to the Security Plan.
· Establish and oversee an effective Cyber Security Awareness training program.
· Evaluate new security technologies to defend against internal and external threats.
· Participate in short and long range security strategy planning under guidance of the CISO and Risk Manager.
· Establish a uniform process to mitigate risk and oversee IT Risk Assessments within the established service level agreement (SLA).
· Track the health of the security policy compliance program and provide executive level reports to stakeholders.
· Maintain information security specific standards and policies, and ensure the deployment of the desired controls throughout the environment (e.g., Secure Systems Development Lifecycle, etc.).
· Knowledge transfer to and training of Enterprise Security team members.
Technical knowledge and skills:
· Five (5) years of information technology experience, including two (2) years of lead/management experience performing a variety of progressively responsible technical and analytical work
· Minimum of 5+ years of security practices
· Technical security project management skills
· Working experience using best practices standards and frameworks: iso 27001/27002, pci: dss v3; glba; hippa/hitech; nist 800-53; cis controls, nist csf, cis ram
Working experience, at a minimum:
· Hardware: network switches, routers, load balancers, servers, storage systems, end-user systems, mobile devices, or other devices that enable the organization to complete its mission
· Operating systems: Unix, Linux, windows
· Network: lan, wan, internet, proxy/filtering, firewall, vpn, dmz
· Network protocols such as tcp/ip, snmp, smtp, ntp, dns, ldap, nfs, samba, etc.
· Databases: oracle, sql, mysql
· Cloud platforms: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
· Security concepts such as encryption, hardening, etc.
· Security GRC
· Active directory
· Programming Languages Are a Plus
· The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
· Proven ability to present to a Senior Management Level and Executive audience
· Working experience of security, policy compliance, and governance frameworks including the NIST-800 series, PCI, ISO 27001/27001, ITIL, and COBIT
· Expert knowledge in security project management practices
Proactive, working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
· Working experience in a highly regulated environment and managing information risks and expectations across multiple stakeholder groups
· Working experience of emergent security risks
· Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
· Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
· Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
· Ability to be a strategic thinker
· Demonstrated ability to influence others
· Experience in managing multiple projects.
· 5+ Years’ experience in information security.
· CISA, CISM, OR CISSP CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED
Zain Roy| Technical Recruiter