UX Designer with a major AIRLINE company located in Fort Worth, TX. Please review the job description below.
Forth Worth, TX
Who we are
The client is the world's largest airline with over 6,700 flights transporting more than half a million passengers to destinations around the world every day. Over 2 million customers interact with our digital channels on a daily basis. We're not just in the business of flying planes, but making sure our customers have a phenomenal experience during every step of their travel journey with us.
Why you should work with us
We have a multidisciplinary UX team who drive the user experience for our customer and employee facing applications. In this position, you'll work within a cross-functional team where you'll influence product and design decisions with ownership of projects from inception through development. You'll get to showcase your experience and knowledge in UX research, design, content, and information architecture.
We want to hire a thorough, empathetic, creative and experienced UX professional with a strong background in visual and interaction design, as well as hands-on experience with other UX disciplines, such as user research and information architecture.
The UX Designer will have an in-depth knowledge of UX best practices and experience with interaction design, visual design, and design systems with cross-functional responsibilities of IA and research. In this position, you'll translate customer and business needs into actionable and strong designs that will deliver an exceptional product to our customers.
We work in a fast-paced environment, where you'll have to keep up with rapidly evolving technologies, standards and research methods. The ideal candidate will be driven by the desire to be a user advocate, be passionate about creating products that are intuitive and enjoy the ability to use their strengths in multiple disciplines.
• Design the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed specifications and design patterns
• Collaborate across disciplines to translate business requests, usability test results and field research findings into intuitive designs
• Create user-centered designs considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
• Contribute to brand experience, visual communication and business initiatives
• Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
• Work in an agile environment and juggle multiple meetings and projects
• Promote the importance of user-centered decisions and influence stakeholders – be an advocate for user experience actions
• Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, testing data or business requirements)
A qualified candidate should posses
• Degree in design or equivalent related field experience
• 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role
• 3+ years of experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment
• Great eye for visual design and layout
• Passion for producing high-quality and engaging interactions
• Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Adobe CC)
• Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines and roles
• Experience designing web and mobile applications
• Experience with agile development approaches
• Understand responsive, adaptive and accessible designs
• Working knowledge of iOS and Android material design
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Project management skills to set milestones and deliver on time
If you are qualified and interested in pursuing this opportunity, please call me at (212) 488-7730 ASAP. You may also send me an e-mail, if you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Axelon. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.
Axelon Services Corporation
44 Wall Street 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 488-7730
Fax : (212) 306-0191