Information Security Engineer
Anixter is seeking an Information Security Engineer for its Information Technology team in Glenview, IL.
The Information Security Engineer works with members of Information Security, Infrastructure Technology and Business Systems teams to implement and manage appropriate security measures for the protection of corporate information assets. The Information Security Engineer is responsible for the complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish and maintain information security systems such as firewalls and intrusion prevention systems, and internal information handling processes so that information is appropriately protected from unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized use, inappropriate modification, premature deletion, and unavailability.
This position occasionally requires some weekend and evening work as well as off-hours for production issues.
The Information Security Engineer's responsibilities include:
· Design, develop, implement and maintain information security technologies to enforce Anixter information security policies, standards, and procedures.
· Manage and support security solutions and controls including: network firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, SEIM, FIM, penetration testing, incident response, Active Directory, and O365
· Perform information security incident response as activity as needed
· Operational experience with various tools for analyzing network traffic for root cause analysis (sniffers, packet capturing, routing)
· Collaborating with IS management, legal, human resources and law enforcement agencies to manage security vulnerabilities or investigations
· Serve as an internal Information Security consultant to the organization
The idea candidates will have:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated experience in managing projects
· History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
· Strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills with the demonstrated ability to be resourceful
· Strong understanding of common network and system exploits and vulnerabilities.
· Experience with scripting languages
· Experience with multi-cloud best practices
· BS in a Technology related field or an equivalent work experience
· Minimum 3 years IT Security experience
The following experience and certifications are a plus:
· Professional Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC or other relevant security certification
· An understanding of application security and OWASP
Chetan P Thind
Talent Execution Executive