Duration: 12+ month Contract
Location: San Francisco, CA
As a Cybersecurity Solutions Architect in the Cybersecurity Architecture team, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of repeatable and practical solutions to support the secure design and delivery of technology platforms to protect PG&E against cyberattacks.
In this position, you will be particularly responsible for the architecture and design of interoperable platforms to implement effective security controls and to meet compliance requirements.
Some solutions will also support physical security requirements.
You will be expected to lead technology integration efforts for cybersecurity platforms and solutions, and to work with information and operational technology leaders to ensure that controls against cyberattacks are built into solutions and major initiatives.
You will be expected to ensure that security requirements are met in an efficient, sustainable, adaptable, and reusable manner.
You will be collaborating with multiple teams, both within the Security department and with other PG&E lines of business.
Your roles and responsibilities will broadly encompass solution architecture and design as well as solution integration. Strategy and tactics are complementary and equally important, with both top-down and bottom-up analysis required depending upon individual circumstances. You will be exposed to all levels of architecture and design in this role. Solution Architecture and Design
• You will leverage your application and network expertise to provide cybersecurity solution engineering and oversight through the deployment lifecycle for security solutions.
• You will actively engage with IT and LOB network and systems engineering teams to ensure that security best practices are incorporated into deployed platforms.
• You will identify deficiencies in existing design patterns and propose new design patterns based on the realities of the PG&E environment.
• You will engage with risk consultants to ensure that solutions will mitigate cyberattack risks. Solution Integration
• You will ensure that deployed solutions meet PG&E security standards.
• You will develop solution blueprints for projects and initiatives.
• You will create and update technical infrastructure specifications and build documentation for projects and initiatives.
• You will determine requirements for each stage of testing during the project lifecycle.
• You will create a service introduction plan for each project that you support.
• You will Interact with Cybersecurity Services (engineering team) to determine project deployment plans.
• You will participate in processes to govern the introduction and lifecycle of security technologies.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Foremost, a collaborative and mutually supportive attitude with architecture team members.
• Flexibility within numerous changing situations, working with individuals and groups.
• The ability to change ideas or perceptions in response to changing circumstances.
• Focus on customer service with the attitude of delivering excellent outcomes.
• Thinking strategically and tactically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Courage to speak up to identify gaps and problems.
• Comfort with ambiguity and large, complex technology environments.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and plan around deadlines.
• Striking the right balance between operating independently and following established standards and procedures.
• Effective analysis and problem-solving skills, often under deadline pressure.
• Effective and polished verbal and written communication.
• Commitment to quality design and implementation.
Minimum: Prior PG&E experience is preferred.
• Six years in IT including experience in solution architecture and project implementation experience.
• B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, computer engineering, business administration, or related field; or equivalent experience.
• At least one relevant certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent
• Exposure to and basic understanding of solution architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
• Experience with operational support for applications, systems, or infrastructure.
• Demonstrated knowledge of technological trends and developments in cybersecurity.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and products deploying those technologies.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements (including but not limited to HIPAA, SOX, NERC-CIP, TSA, CCPA, other privacy legislation).
• Experience providing direction to design and engineering staff.
Connect on Linkedin
Connect on Linkedin